Investment Strategies/Wealth Management/Estate Planning
Personal Financial Strategies
Today’s investment environment is vast and robust. Some also say it is very confusing. To make things worse, if you ask 10 people their opinion about what is the right way to invest for the future, you will probably get 10 different responses. At the end of the day, financial planning is very personal. After all, it IS your money. At Swartzbaugh-Farber we feel it is imperative to create and implement a holistic financial strategy, driven by you.
Whether you are 25 years old or 75 years old, a proper comprehensive plan will help you to navigate your financial road map. As in any journey, we need to know where you want to go before we help you identify how you are going to get there. Financial strategies are a work in progress. Goals change, jobs change, and income may vary. Our goal through all the changes you encounter is to have a strategy that provides protection, growth and, most importantly, flexibility. A plan that was incorporated 10 years ago may need to be updated or supplemented with investment tools of today. Let our team provide you a complimentary second opinion to see if there are enhancements that make sense to your portfolio.
Retirement is about income. You have worked hard all your life and now you are wondering if and when you can retire. What will I do about health insurance? When should I start Social Security? What kind of taxes can I expect to pay in retirement? Do I have the right strategy for my investments to work together? These are all common questions that most people struggle with. At Swartzbaugh-Farber we work with you to identify the sources necessary to provide you a retirement income that aligns with your goals. When you have a personal financial strategy in place, you will be able to enjoy all the features of your retirement that you have worked for all your life.
There are many ways that individuals can invest toward their retirement/goals. Thus, we design, implement, and administer the following:Retirement Plans:
- Non-Qualified Investment Accounts: Individual, Joint or Trusts
- Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
- Roth IRAs
- 401(k) Plans
- SIMPLE IRA Plans
- SEP Plans
- Profit-Sharing Plans
- Money Purchase Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- 457 Plans
- 409A Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- 529 College Savings Plans
- Coverdale Education Savings Accounts
- UGMA/UTMA Custodial Account
The complex tax and legislative environment surrounding retirement/college planning only compounds the confusion. Please call us so we can help guide you through the array of potential solutions.
Health Insurance, homeowner insurance, car insurance - these are examples of coverages that are mandatory by law. When it comes to other insurances such as life, disability, and long term care, most people feel that this is unnecessary. According to LIMRA, the world’s leading insurance and financial services trade association, less than half of consumers age 25-64 have life insurance. You, and your income, cannot be replaced if something happens to you. What do you want for your loved ones that are left behind? Life insurance can be one of the most important financial decisions within your portfolio. It provides your family with the assurance that there will be funds available to maintain their current lifestyle, cover monthly costs of living, provide for educational needs, and provide for replacement income. At Swartzbaugh-Farber we work with you to locate the best carrier for the coverage you are looking to accomplish. We are independent and so we have no motive to choose one carrier verses another. We are working on your behalf to get you the best coverage at the best rate. We have the ability to offer the following coverages:
- Term Insurance -this is the most cost effective solution to protect families from an uneventful death by creating an instant estate. Life insurance is a very powerful tool when it comes to transferring wealth from generation-to-generation efficiently in affluent families. Life insurance has the ability to keep the already Tax-Free proceeds from being included in one’s estate as long as it is owned properly (ex. owned by an irrevocable life insurance trust).
- Permanent Insurance -this is also referred to cash value life insurance because it has the ability to accumulate cash value growth inside of a policy on a tax deferred basis. The most common strategies include; Variable Universal life, Variable Index life or Whole Life. The premium pays for the cost of insurance as well as investing the remaining premium above and beyond the cost of insurance inside some type of investment which utilizes the benefit of market returns. The policy holder has the opportunity to utilize the accumulation of that cash as a supplement to retirement income in a tax efficient manner.
- Long Term Disability Income Insurance -During a person’s accumulation phase, there typically isn’t a more valuable asset than their ability to earn a living. Thus, many chose to utilize group and individual Long Term Disability policies to protect themselves during their working careers.
- Long Term Care Insurance –As people age, their mindset switches from protecting their ability to earn a living to protecting their retirement assets. As we all know, elder care is expensive and longevity keeps increasing. Thus, many choose to attempt to mitigate their potential future health care costs via the purchase of Long Term Care coverage.
Wealth Management is customized financial planning designed to achieve personal goals. While we have a certain “way” in which we like to invest, we are open to using a wide array of products in an effort to achieve your goals. Using a combination of products, we can often design a customized plan that invests more conservatively while still meeting personal objectives.
Proper estate planning is key to sound financial stability. Estate planning not only can provide certain protections, but also identify and communicate your desired legacy and future planning for your family. We work with your estate planning attorney to fine tune your goals and the financial strategy needed to help you achieve those goals.